Experienced analyst / programmer / web developer with strong analytical, design, problem solving and troubleshooting skills; self-driven with a proven track record across the software development life cycle within demanding environments.
Excellent communicator with calm, reliable, enthusiastic and hardworking nature, able to foster strong relationships at all levels and across organisations from business analysts, end-users, colleagues, seniors and third parties.
Enjoy challenges, able to work under pressure, adapts well to new situations and works effectively on own initiative or as part of team.
Professional & Technical Skills Summary:
- Programming Languages: PLSQL, VB6, VBA (Access & Excel), Java, JSP, ASP, PHP (Smarty) and ASP.Net.
- Databases: Oracle 10g, Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL.
- Tools: SQL Navigator�s PVCS Version Manager and Team Coding, Visio and Photoshop.
- Delivery experience across requirement analysis, software design, development, testing and production support using waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Effective presentation and product demonstration skills.
- Increased my participation on complex projects by taking initiative to involve myself in earlier phases of the development lifecycle phases (requirements gathering / analysis), and in doing so helped maintain delivery schedule.
- Considered a key member of development / maintenance team resolving critical production issues, often seen as the go-to person for users and stakeholders.
- Automated a number of manual processes across customer reporting, sales and invoice processing using VB, Access and SQL; thereby providing the organisations� greater clarity and efficiency in their customer reporting, and processing of sales and invoice information.
- Built utilities using VB and Access to create customer labels for mail shots to help with targeted marketing and for statistical analysis of information to derive the most effective marketing strategy thereby reducing advertising costs.
- Delivered a helpdesk system, responsible for design, development and test; in addition demonstrated initiative by taking on extra responsibilities in customer support and showed excellent communication and diplomacy through role.
- Generated substantial amount of revenue for employer through the development of promotional telephony applications that was sold onto national and multi-national companies resulting in additional sales for these companies.
- Demonstrated good presentation skills through product demonstrations; successfully gaining stakeholders buy-in as a result.
Free Lance/Personal Websibe Bristol City Council Application Developer (Contracted) NHS-ODT Analyst / Front-End Web/Back-End Database Developer Holt JCB Ltd Web Developer/MS Access Programmer Ablecom Ltd MS Programmer/Web Developer Vital Developer Personal Development Qualifications
Free Lance/Personal Websibe
Bristol City Council Application Developer (Contracted)
NHS-ODT Analyst / Front-End Web/Back-End Database Developer
Holt JCB Ltd Web Developer/MS Access Programmer
Ablecom Ltd MS Programmer/Web Developer